Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:09:34 -0700
From:      fcash@lug.kamloops.net
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Regarding hw.ata.wc="1"....

Re: Regarding hw.ata.wc="1"......
From: Freddie Cash <fcash@bigfoot.com>
To: stable@freebsd.org

On July 24, 2001 09:08 am, you wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 08:53:02AM -0700, Mike Hoskins wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Jason Andresen wrote:
> > > A sysinstall prompt would be nice though.  An even nicer option
> > > would be a little menu on the diskLabel part of the install that
> > > asks what options you want to enable on the filesystem when you
> > > create it (softupdates, etc...).

> > Not a bad idea...  should be much easier to implement since
> > softupdates became more 'standard' (no more licensing issues).  :)

> There is now an option in sysinstall's disk label editor to turn
> softupdates on. This is on a machine cvsupped on July 7 this
> year. I don't know when the option showed up.

It's been there since at lesat 4.3R, and I'm pretty sure I remember
seeing it in 4.2R.

--
Cheers,
Freddie

Copyright: Big business uses it to lock away knowledge and software.
Copyleft: Free software zealots use it prevent business from locking
anything up.
Copycenter: Take it to the copy centre and make as many copies as you
need.
      -- paraphrased from Kirk McKusick