Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 1995 09:39:56 -0500
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        hsu@freefall.cdrom.com, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, phk@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: dump errors

>  > I'm dumping just one filesystem, an ufs filesystem.  Fsck reveals no
>  > errors, but the drive itself could be going bad at those sectors.
>  > Fortunately, you see these types of errors too, so it may yet
>  > be a software problem.
>
>  In either of your cases are theses ufs filesystems larger than 2G bytes?

I was going to ask the same question, because the lseek-s in traverse.c should
not read:
if ((int)lseek(diskfd, ((off_t)blkno << dev_bshift), 0) < 0)

but should read:

if (lseek(diskfd, ((off_t)blkno << dev_bshift), 0)==(off_t) -1)

as I stated in bug report 461. I doubt this is the problem because you
would get a lot of lseek errors.