Date:      Tue, 6 May 2003 22:35:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Yeske <dyeske@yahoo.com>
To:        kris@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mario <lioux@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mpeg4ip is not broken

Mpeg4ip is not broken on stable.  I have fixed mpeg4ip on current

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/50233

I have a weird workaround that I don't think is addressing the problem.  For some reason I think
the value of `${SDL_CONFIG} --libs` is being parsed before it makes it into the Makefile during
the autoconf / libtool process.  This causes the -lc_r to be stripped away.

In a unpatched configuration the src/player/Makefile will have this block of text.  This is
missing the needed -lc_r

mp4player_LDADD = \
        -lm \
        libmp4player.la \
        libmp4syncbase.la \
        libmp4syncsdl.la \
        libmp4syncbase.la \
        libmp4playerutils.la \
        -lSDL-1.1 \
        /usr/local/lib/libSDLmain-1.1.a

In a patched configuration it will look like this

mp4player_LDADD = \
        -lm \
        libmp4player.la \
        libmp4syncbase.la \
        libmp4syncsdl.la \
        libmp4syncbase.la \
        libmp4playerutils.la \
        -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib "-lc_r -lSDL-1.1" -lc_r \
        /usr/local/lib/libSDLmain-1.1.a

This entry for the port Makefile fixes it.  But there must be a better way?

.if ${OSVERSION} >= 500000
        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -E -e \
                's|-lSDL-1.1|"${PTHREAD_LIBS} -lSDL-1.1"|' \
                ${WRKSRC}/player/src/Makefile \
                ${WRKSRC}/util/yuv/Makefile \
                ${WRKSRC}/util/iptv/Makefile
.endif