Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 00:26:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NE2000 Plus not probed correctly?

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> > |  dl3516a         (big chip in the middle of the board)
>
> Hmm.  'big' as in 'big and square', or big as in 'big and rectangular
> and tall'?  (It's either a custom blob or the +5 to -9V converter).

    From what I remember, it had a flat, square package.  The only
things that stuck up were jumper blocks and a clock crystal.

> Short of building up a kernel with more debugging turned on in the
> 'ed' driver, I'm at a bit of a dead-end here, sorry.

    Well, my original recommendation was to replace the cards with
some SMC 8416 ISA cards which I know work with the ed0 driver, and in
the meantime try to find some way to get the no-names working.  We'll
see what the Crynwr drivers can do.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.