Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:13:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Heads up: Problems with the new start-up files

With the new crti/crtbegin/crtend/crtn stuff I am seeing problems with
some components.  Both cc1plus and gdb get segmentation violations
immediately on invocation.  Note that this did not show up in my make
buildworld.  That completed fine, but now these two components (at
least) are hosed.

A working cc1plus is needed early in the buildworld process to make
gperf, so this could be a bit difficult to recover from.  I'd advise
folks to avoid making world on the alpha until David has figured out
what's wrong and committed the fixes.  He's aware of the problem and
is working on it, so please don't nag him.

John