Date:      Thu,  6 Jul 95 18:25:12 +0400
From:      "Serge V.Vakulenko" <vak@gw.cronyx.msk.su>
To:        simonm@dcs.gla.ac.uk
Cc:        davidg@root.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Beta version of IDE CD-ROM driver ready

>   I tried out this driver, but it doesn't seem to work for drives on the
>   second controller (wdc1).  Firstly, the controller isn't recognised by
>   wdprobe because the reset times out (presumably because there are no
>   hard disks on this controller).  So I hacked around this and made some
>   more mods to get the drive probed & attached correctly, but any open
>   operations on the device just hang.

Hmm...  I did not try the second controller yet...

Probably, you have a drive which does not interrupt before
gettin a packet command.  The driver of version 1.0 does not handle
this properly.

Yesterday I got a copy of ATAPI specs, and next week I plan make
a new, much enhanced version of the driver.

Serge
---
Serge Vakulenko                 <vak@cronyx.msk.su>
Cronyx Ltd., Moscow             Unix consulting and custom programming
phone: +7 (095) 939-23-23       FreeBSD support
fax:   +7 (095) 939-03-00       Relcom network development