Date:      Sat, 17 May 2014 14:00:41 +0200
From:      Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/187594: [zfs] [patch] ZFS ARC behavior problem and fix

   On 05/16/2014 09:31 AM, Andriy Gapon wrote:

on 16/05/2014 08:35 Nagy, Attila said the following:

On 05/15/14 17:30, Karl Denninger wrote:

    I have now been running the latest delta as posted 26 March -- it is=20
  coming up on two months now, has been stable here and I've seen several=20
  positive reports and no negative ones on impact for others. Performance=20
  continues to be "as expected."
    Is there an expectation on this being merged forward and/or MFC'd?

Well, the expectation is quite high -at least from my side :-)-.
We struggle with stable/10 boxes and ZFS since they are introduced in our
environment, while stable/9 goes nicely under the same workload.
OS 10 swaps a lot to allow ARC to grow and without swap space, it starts killing
random processes after 20-30 days, depending on how much RAM it has and how big
I set the arc_max size (without it, the situation is even worse).

I wonder, nobody uses stable/10 with ZFS?

Please try to upgrade to r265945 or later.

   Thanks for the pointer, I will try it!