Date:      16 Apr 2000 02:01:22 -0700
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LIB_DEPENDS runs too early

 * From: "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>

 * I notice that 'make extract' now runs and install LIB_DEPENDS targets. :-(

Um, maybe you haven't noticed this before but LIB_DEPENDS (and all
other build-time dependencies) has been created from "make extract"
for a few years now.

 * IMHO it is too early and must be done on 'make configure' stage instead.
 * I.e. saying 'make extract' I just want to see sources (and maybe decide
 * that I don't need them) amd not want to install tons of LIB_DEPENDS
 * targets in case I don't need this program.

Maybe it is too early but some ports might need it (build-time
dependencies include programs needed for extraction).  Why don't you
set NO_DEPENDS if you are just checking the sources?

Satoshi