Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 23:38:55 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: memory leak in xwindows?

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Shawn Ramsey wrote:

> > > Is there a memory leak in xwindows patched with freebsd2.2.5?
> > > Mine has obvious a memory leak and will crash if keep running for more
> > > than 5 days.
> > > Has anyone else had the same problem?
> >
> > What version of X and what programs are you running?
> >
> > I leave X running all the time and haven't noticed anything like this.
>
> Perhaps he is running Netscape Communicator. :)

I also have had a problem (previously posted here) where 2.2.5 crashes
(though at very random intervals).  I suppose my problems could be related
to a bug in X since I run xdm at startup.  Exactly what is the problem
like? It causes my entire system to freeze, forcing a reboot (and
resulting in a lot of files being lost during fsck :/ ) I have not been
able to get a crashdump file, yet, however that was possibly due to my not
configuring it properly.

Jonathan Fosburgh, wotan@scientist.com , University of Houston Geophysics
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1498

FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations
http://www.freebsd.org
                     We shall not cease from exploration,
                And the end of our exploring shall be to arrive
            Where we started from, and know the place for the first time.
                       --T.S. Eliot, The Four Quartets