Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:31:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I need a simple cli tool to rotate mp4 video.

Thanks, I'm was already playing with mencoder, but I had no luck with it;
either I was destroying/misaligning audio track or loosing video quality.

(or encoding raw with 54x size increase).

I have more success with ffmpeg, e.g.

$ ffmpeg -i A.mp4  -vf "transpose=1" -r 30 -sameq -acodec copy B.mp4

Is _almost_ ideal, apart from x1.5 increase in size... playing with fps does
not
change it too.