Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:43:19 -0600
From:      "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        "Lyndon Nerenberg" <lyndon@orthanc.ab.ca>
Cc:        "Emiel Kollof" <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mergemaster niggle

> I can see that happening on the head, but this also happens
> on stable ...

One example of it happening to -stable was the addittion of www to
master.passwd, www has been added and removed a few times from -stable.  I'm
not trying to say that this explains all the times that it happens, just
that it happens more than you might think.  I think we need to keep track of
the RCSID's of the new and old files that exhibit this problem to better be
able to keep track of it.