Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:14:17 +0700
From:      Pongthep Kulkrisada <ptkrisada@gmail.com>
To:        Greg.Stark@sungard.com, wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.1R on laptop

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:13 AM,  <Greg.Stark@sungard.com> wrote:
> Some laptops do come with COM ports still. =A0Usually they are the
> business models. =A0For example, the Dell Latitude 820's have them.
Actually I don't want to adhere with such thing.
I think laptop with COM port will be extinct very soon due to marketing.
I don't want to find the solution again after says 5 years.
I believe that MANY people here are using FreeBSD on laptops without COM po=
rt.
But I don't know how they fix the problem of internal modem built with
the laptop.
The only solution I can think right now is staying in LAN and behind NAT.

Thanks,