Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 08:40:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aic driver w/ SCSI Zip drive on Pentium II 266

Yesterday I wrote:

>I'm trying to use the aic6360 driver on a 266MHz Pentium II running
>FreeBSD-current to contact a SCSI Zip drive.  The kernel recognizes the
>Zip drive as sd2 [...]

Nevermind.  It was simply a matter of changing the BIOS parameters to make
PCI/PnP give up IRQ 11 to the ISA bus for use by the aic6360.  I was
surprised that the SCSI interface was probed correctly despite the IRQ not
working.  Even more surprising was that this worked under NT 4.0 before I
adjusted the BIOS.

Guy Helmer, Graduate Student, Iowa State University Dept. of Computer Science
Research Assistant, Ames Laboratory       ---         ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer