Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 2010 23:40:55 +0200
From:      Taras Korenko <ds@ukrhub.net>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fetch hangs when trying to http-download from	http://ftp5.de.FreeBSD.org/

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 08:50:48PM +0100, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> On 05/11/2010 19:17, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> > This is an example, I can download the file with firefox,
> > but fetch hangs infinitely, even though HTTP_TIMEOUT is set.
> > http://ftp5.de.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-8-stable/All/ecore-txt-0.9.9.042.tbz
>
> The problem has gone away.

  I've stored two tcpdumps of fetch & wget conversations.  Currently
I've no explanation of what's caused that difference in behaviour of
fetch and wget.
  When the file is fetch-ed there are lost two packet fragments from
server side (right after 'ack 4345').  Subsequent starts of fetch
gave the same result in tcpdump's output.
  Here are the tcpdumps: http://chaos.ukrhub.net/ftp5.de/

--
  Best regards,
  Taras Korenko