Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:42:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ports scheduled for removal on Nov 7

> I think it would definitely be off-topic for freebsd-questions, but
> I'd be more open to -announce.  The only thing is that port removals
> are a periodic event (I just happen to have more than usual queued up
> this time), so if I do it this time I should do it every time.

Well, I can suggest a class of messages such as (ports scheduled
for deletion|changes to ports framework that will affect various
ports|freeze in effect|freeze lifted), possibly others.  I think
there would be an audience for this mailing list who would not
otherwise be able to follow the large-volume ports mailing lists.

freebsd-ports-announce?

mcl