Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2016 01:38:48 +0200
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best kind of hard drive for heavy use?

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 22:19:54 +0100, RW via freebsd-questions wrote:
>IIRC with 4 GiB RAM you can have up to 16 GiB of swap, so you could
>support up to about 19 GiB of tmpfs if you want.

Ok, but I guess than tmpfs could use the whole memory and cause issues
with other software running at the same time. It would be nice, if here
would be a possibility to assign 3 GiB of 4 GiB to tmpfs and if the
3 GiB are reached swap should be used. Perhaps it does exist, I might
be just to lazy to find out.

Regards,
Ralf