Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2016 14:57:40 +0000 (UTC)
From:      <laszlo.danielisz@yahoo.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Nagy_L=C3=A1szl=C3=B3_Zsolt?= <gandalf@shopzeus.com>,  "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: c-icap exists without notice

Hi Zsolt,
It might be silly but have you tried running it with strace?
Laci=20

    On Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:00 PM, Nagy L=C3=A1szl=C3=B3 Zsolt <gand=
alf@shopzeus.com> wrote:
=20

 I have installed the c-icap server port and squidclamav. When I try to
start it in foreground+debug mode, the following happens:

# /usr/local/bin/c-icap -f /usr/local/etc/c-icap/c-icap.conf -D
The acl spec all does not exists!
squidclamav.c(183) squidclamav_init_service: DEBUG Going to initialize
squidclamav
LOG Reading configuration from /usr/local/etc/c-icap//squidclamav.conf
LOG Reading directive maxsize with value 5000000
LOG Reading directive clamd_local with value /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock
LOG Reading directive timeout with value 1
LOG Reading directive logredir with value 0
LOG Reading directive dnslookup with value 1
LOG Reading directive safebrowsing with value 0
Warning, alias is the same as service_name, not adding
#

In other words: it reads all config files. Apparently there are no
errors (only LOG lines and a single WARNING). Then the program exits
without any explanation and I get back the shell prompt. I think it
should work as a service but it does not. If I try to start it from an
rc script then the same happens:

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/c-icap start
Starting c_icap.
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/c-icap status
c_icap is not running.

There is nothing in the system log. There seems to be no "error" except
that it does not start.

Without getting any error message, I find it very hard to figure this out.

Environment: FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE c-icap-0.3.5_2,2 squidclamav-6.13

Thanks.
"