Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 05:28:20 +0100
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Shall we accept /usr/X11R6/LessTif ?

Hi!

I have made an update of the lesstif port (to 0.88.0). Since Lesstif
nowadays have code for both Motif-1.2 and 2.0, the hungry programmers
have decided to put all includes and libs into this structure:

/usr/X11R6/LessTif
/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2
/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/include
/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/include/Xm
/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/include/Mrm
/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/lib
/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif2.0
/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif2.0/include
/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif2.0/include/Xm
/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif2.0/include/Mrm

and symlink from X11R6/[include|lib]/[lib][Mrm|Xm]* to the version of
choice (chosen with configure).

Anybody vote against this? I personally don't like cluttering the
$PREFIX dirs with more stuff, but I see no better way. Splitting it up
into /usr/X11/include/lesstiff-x.x or similar seems like a bad idea.
Maybe just installing 1.2, skipping 2.0 support, would help, but that
seems a bit retarded :)

Ideas? I noone cares I'll send the port update via gnats this weekend.

/Palle