Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:11:42 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        chad@DCFinc.com
Cc:        jim@luna.cdrom.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail missing?

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:38:02 MST, "Chad R. Larson" wrote:

> And the one in the ports collection has gone missing since I last Or,
> And perhaps I've been hallucinating again and it never was a port.
>
> But if so, why isn't it?  We've got ports for things like Adobe Acrobat,
> which only fetch and install a binary.  We surely could fetch and build
> sendmail from Sendmail.org.

No sendmail-devel nor sendmail-current nor sendmail-beta ports exist
because the people like you who think that such a port might be useful
haven't submitted one, or because no committer has felt that any such
submission is worthy of his time. :-)

This is the answer to many "why isn't there" questions relating to a
volunteer project.

If you can either find me a submission in the PR database or submit one
yourself, mail me the PR number privately (so as not to perpetuate this
thread on the list) and I'll commit it or tell you what's wrong with it.

Ciao,
Sheldon.