Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 17:25:43 +0200
From:      andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Chat), chat@de.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CT Magazine 11/96 - Unix For Free

--dbivs6P070AuJPlE

Greg Lehey writes:
> Andreas Klemm writes:
> > Who wrote the FreeBSD part ?
> Good question.  Why don't you ask Uli Schmitz?

Well I thought you or another one knew it. I couldn't read the whole
thread, because I subscribed to this list a short time ago.

> For the benefit of the others, Andreas has just co-authored an article
> on PGP in mail, published in the September 1996 iX.  Uli Schmitz is
> the iX editor responsible for the article.  It looks interesting, but
> I haven't got round to reading it yet.  Andreas, did you enjoy the
> experience?

Well, I know iX being Linux biased in the past ... don't know, if they
changed their minds. I think the main problem is, that most of their
"PD-Unix readers" are in the Linux camp ... so figure out what they
write about as the only truth...

Main argument in the past (about 2 years ago, the time around/before
4.4lite) was the simple statement, that in BSD there has happend
nothing new ... "it is as it is" ... so what to write about it ...

But to justice an operating system, about how "colorful" it is
or whatever ... *sigh*

Let's see, how the article in iX is.

> BTW, Julian sent his original message to chat@de.freebsd.org, not
> chat@freebsd.org.  I was mislead by the fact that the message was in
> English, so I sent my message to chat@freebsd.org.  I'd suggest we
> follow up to chat@de.freebsd.org only, unless somebody has other
> ideas.

Let's see if I can change the Cc: line in mutt ... I'm just trying
Michael Eltkins mutt mailer ... looks like elm, but I'm still not
really familiar with it ;-)

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH