Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:33:10 +0100
From:      Dirk E <cipher_nl@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   EFI boot not working

Hi guys!=0A=
=0A=
I'm trying to get EFI boot working by following the document: https://wiki.=
freebsd.org/UEFI=0A=
=0A=
It roughly says:=0A=
=0A=
gpart create -s gpt da0=0A=
gpart add -t efi -s 800K da0=0A=
gpart add -t freebsd-ufs da0=0A=
dd if=3D/boot/boot1.efifat of=3D/dev/da0p1=0A=
newfs /dev/da0p2=0A=
=0A=
I did exactly that=3B except locate the second partition on a 1024K-boundar=
y which the above command does not do. I used the /boot/boot1.efifat from F=
reeBSD 10.1 amd64.=0A=
=0A=
I used RaWrite to create the USB stick. When booting my USB stick i get an =
error trying to read /boot/loader.conf=2C then it tries to load the kernel.=
 It finds the kernel but yields errors when inflating the kernel.=0A=
=0A=
Some of the error messages:=0A=
---=0A=
inflate: invalid code lengths set=0A=
invalid distance too far back=0A=
invalid distance code=0A=
inflate: invalid stored block lengths=0A=
readin failed. elf64_loadimage: read failed=0A=
inflate: invalid block type=0A=
---=0A=
=0A=
The strange thing is that trying to boot (OK loader prompt) will yield a di=
fferent error. I would expect getting the same error from the same input. I=
t appears the error is randomly chosen from the above list. Maybe this is a=
 clue?=0A=
=0A=
I am using a preloaded mfsroot. I saw some recent commits to HEAD about add=
ressing some issues. But i'm not sure this is the problem=2C since the load=
er cannot load /boot/loader.conf or even the kernel itself. So loading the =
mfsroot of about 10MB would probably not be the issue?=0A=
=0A=
Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide assistance!=0A=
 		 	   		  =