Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:03:08 -0500
From:      eculp@encontacto.net
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange problem with skype on RELENG_6 KERNEL since the end of may.

Quoting Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:29:09 -0500
> "eculp@argosteve.com" <eculp@argosteve.com> wrote:
>
>> A RELENG_6 kernel from May 21 works fine with skype but boot a newer
>> kernel and skype seems to be blocking port 80.   Apache logs show
>> nothing.  I can find no logs errors anywhere but a telnet to port 80
>> answers with what would seem to be binary chars.  I close skype and
>> all is back to normal.  I had originally thought that it had to do
>> with the new xorg installation but it seems to be something in the
>> kernel.  The configurations were the same, basically GENERIC with
>> all the pf stuff.
>>
>> I won't even ask if anyone else is seeing it.  I have a hard time
>> believing it myself.
>
> Did you put skype to listen on port 80 by any chance ?
>
> There's no other reason I can think of.

Neither could I.

I checked <ListeningPort>64471</ListeningPort> at the begining but =20
after reading your email I checked shared.xml again and found:
   <Port>0</Port>
I can't imagine that being incorrect.  I also found:
   <DisablePort80>0</DisablePort80>
I changed it to 1 and that fixed the problem.  I had never noticed =20
that before.
I checked other machines and it doesn't exist so I guess I could just =20
erase it but it is working now.

Thanks for sending me back to shared.xml,

ed