Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:32:27 -0700
From:      Jo Rhett <jrhett@netconsonance.com>
To:        freebsd-stable Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   6.4 RC1 locks up solid on first reboot

I haven't had time to investigate, but after installing 6.4RC1 on a
machine I've been using with 6.3 for a few months, it installs
painlessly but on the first and subsequent reboots you see

BTX Loader 1.00 blah blah blah
\

At this point you have a hard refreeze -- no keyboard control, however
I can reboot it from the Phantom card.

System: Rackable C2004, dual Intel 2.66 processors, 4gb RAM, disk
drive on built in SCSI port

Absolutely nothing special, boots and runs 6.2 and 6.3 without a flaw.

I'll have more time to investigate on Friday.  Anything specific that
would be more or less useful to debug in particular?

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness