Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:21:17 +0100 (CET)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        up@3.am
Cc:        Paul Boehmer <pboehmer@seidata.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Amanda

(hey now thats a cool mail address... :)

In article <Pine.BSF.4.10.10002111017030.6237-100000@richard2.pil.net> you write:
>On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Paul Boehmer wrote:

>> What is needed is a good front end for Amanda, either console or X11.  I
>> have not been able to find one available for FreeBSD.  If someone knows
>> about one or is currently working on one, I think we would all appreciate
>> hearing about it.
>
>I can think of alot of other things it could use before that...such as an
>the ability to work through ssh, an option to append multiple backups to
>the same tape, a good working option to do backups to disk, etc.

And don't forget the still missing support for dumps larger than
a tape, this is why we can't use amanda on the dds3 changer, our
raid filesystems are bigger than one tape. :(

 (and then with a bit of hacking home users without a tape could
probably also dump/tar to CD-R(W)s...)

 Regards,
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>