Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 14:24:46 -0500
From:      KapuT <kaput@whoever.com>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Project for newbies

--------------600B842EF38B7486EFF8B5C4

Ok, right, I prefer than we "collaborate" (fuck, I forget the english word!) with
doc people like Doug.
But there is a problem: I find them static.  Static because the date on the paper
is
August 15, 1997.
Ark!
But I haved an idea with HTML who can do centralisation with participation:
I will work on it to day, and you will see the result.  I dont know how to explain
it, much like a kind of <FORM> (formulary in HTML) where you will find all the page
and where you will be abble to edit the text and send to me the new text, where you
will be abble to create new part and send to me.  I will do the starting page at
http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/newbies.html
So, all thing will rapidly change, typing error and bad english will be corrected.
And new part of the text, or modification eazy.
ok?
so, all devellopers area will be of number 0.1 or 0.x
and after, contents and after we start with 1.0 Login:

little ircII tutorial :-)
Now, if your under BSD right now, and you want to chat.  Go to the port tkirc (you
should run Xfree86 for that port!).
I dont remember, but it should be /usr/ports/net/tkirc
not sure
Find it and "make it"
like, when your in the directory of the port tkirc, you write
make
then it will do the download and you must be on the internet!
after, when finished
make install
and finally
make clean

Ok, right, its not currently the best explantion :-)
after all, if it work, you type tkirc in an Xterm (you should have X-window)

and after the command /server, you should put the server is name and a port
like
/server toronto.on.ca.undernet.org 7777
find some server of undernet near you.
If you prefer we can do it on dalnet...  I dont care

cya
KapuT

please, no one know how many FreeBSD machines are up? :-)

--
***************************
kaput@whoever.com

--------------600B842EF38B7486EFF8B5C4

<HTML>
Ok, right, I prefer than we "collaborate" (fuck, I forget the english word!)
with doc people like Doug.
<BR>But there is a problem: I find them static.&nbsp; Static because the
date on the paper is
<BR>August 15, 1997.
<BR>Ark!
<BR>But I haved an idea with HTML who can do centralisation with participation:
<BR>I will work on it to day, and you will see the result.&nbsp; I dont
know how to explain it, much like a kind of &lt;FORM> (formulary in HTML)
where you will find all the page and where you will be abble to edit the
text and send to me the new text, where you will be abble to create new
part and send to me.&nbsp; I will do the starting page at
<BR><A HREF="http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/newbies.html">http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/newbies.html</A>;
<BR>So, all thing will rapidly change, typing error and bad english will
be corrected.&nbsp; And new part of the text, or modification eazy.
<BR>ok?
<BR>so, all devellopers area will be of number 0.1 or 0.x
<BR>and after, contents and after we start with 1.0 <B><FONT FACE="Courier New,Courier">Login:</FONT></B>

<P>little ircII tutorial :-)
<BR>Now, if your under BSD right now, and you want to chat.&nbsp; Go to
the port tkirc (you should run Xfree86 for that port!).
<BR>I dont remember, but it should be /usr/ports/net/tkirc
<BR>not sure
<BR>Find it and "make it"
<BR>like, when your in the directory of the port tkirc, you write
<BR><B><FONT FACE="Courier New,Courier">make</FONT></B>
<BR>then it will do the download and you must be on the internet!
<BR>after, when finished
<BR><B><FONT FACE="Courier New,Courier">make install</FONT></B>
<BR>and finally
<BR><B>make clean</B>

<P>Ok, right, its not currently the best explantion :-)
<BR>after all, if it work, you type <FONT FACE="Courier New,Courier"><B>tkirc
</B>in an Xterm </FONT>(you should have X-window)

<P>and after the command /server, you should put the server is name and
a port
<BR>like
<BR><B><FONT FACE="Courier New,Courier">/server toronto.on.ca.undernet.org
7777</FONT></B>
<BR>find some server of undernet near you.
<BR>If you prefer we can do it on dalnet...&nbsp; I dont care

<P>cya
<BR>KapuT

<P>please, no one know how many FreeBSD machines are up? :-)