Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 13:36:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Vidor Demeter <vidor.demeter@telia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DCOP server problem...

:Hi,
:
:I have some problems when I try to start Xwindows as a user:
:I get an error message as: "DCOP-server is not running"
:After a few trying to start Xwindows it starts, baut when I close it
:it shows some error messages.
:If I start X as root everything is right!
:Can somebody help me out ?
:Best regards Vidor

    KDE is broken.  It creates /tmp/.ICE-unix as the user logging into
    the X session.  Then if you login as another user later on it tries
    to use the same directory and of course cannot do anything.

    rm -rf /tmp/.ICE-unix and try again.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>