Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:03:38 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        blue <susan.lan@zyxel.com.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions about PF_KEY interface

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, blue wrote:

> Dear all:
>
> I found there are two directories about PF_KEY interface: netkey and netipsec
> under $FreeBSD src$\sys\.
>
> Looking into the makefile, the one that is currently used and built in is
> netkey.
>
> However, I am wondering what's the purpose for netipsec?

netipsec is an anlternate, locked IPsec implementation and soonish
will be the only one left in the tree.

By that point userspace will be changed to use netipsec/*.h and no
longer netkey/*.h which will be gone.

In case you are interested testing patches, let me know.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.