Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:57:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        james huckle <james@xch.net>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Newbie Submission'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FW: Email [was: Squid will that be fried ?]

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, james huckle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm get a little sick of all this MS bashing. Sure, the product IMHO
> usually sucks and is bug ridden but people buy it and people have to
> support it. People like pretty windows to type into and will use these
> products at the expense of resilience.

I have done some MS bashing in the past, pretty much just because I don't
like monopolies.  Don't think they're fair.  But, (I maybe ignorant on the
subject) I have not seen any drivers or support on FreeBSD for all the
cool things that Windows 95/NT can support.  Microsoft has support for
USB, alot of video cards, TV cards, soundcards, etc.  And it's easy as
hell to install.

I often think to myself, "Considering that most free unices doesn't
support all the cool new things, how can I explain to a Windows user that
Unix is better?"  I came across this when trying to explain to a computer
vendor that I didn't want or need the USB and the ATI All-In-Wonder-Pro
because the OS that I run doesn't support it.  He asked what I ran, and I
said Linux.

But then again, maybe there is support for all the kewl new harware and I
just don't know it.  *shrug*  That's where I feel that I lie
Ignorant...aww hell I'm ignorant on alot of things, every one usually is.
I feel that ignorance is just an excuse, or reason, to learn what you
don't know about.  :)

Peace,

Bear