Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:37:50 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make buildworld - cross compiling error

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8

Hi Danny,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 05:20:31PM +0200, Danny Braniss wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I have been using Freebsd 5.4/i386 to 'make build*' to cross build
> i386/amd64 5.4/6.0.
>=20
> So now im trying to use FreeBSD 6.0/amd64 to do the same.
> it's failing when:
> setenv MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX /r+d/obj/bsd
> cd /r+d/5.4/src
> make -j2 TARGET_ARCH=3Di386 buildworld
>=20
> i think the problem is somewhere here:
> crunchgen: make error: "/usr/share/mk/bsd.compat.mk", line 36: warning: N=
OLINT=20
> is deprecated in favor of NO_LINT
>=20
> btw, without the -j2 it works ok.
>=20
No, it's just the harmless warning.  If it works without -j2 then it's a
parallelization problem.  If it happens compiling 5.4, I don't care to
fix it -- I have only time and energy for HEAD and RELENG_6.  If it fails
somewhere in kerberbos or in aicasm during kernel build, chances are
you can simply merge one of my fixes.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov