Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 19:50:17 +0200 (EET)
From:      "Vladimir N.Silyaev" <vns@delta.odessa.ua>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu, vns@delta.odessa.ua
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux async I/O

> > Anybody can explain status of native Linux async I/O?
>
> It was broken until I started working on sybase.  I fixed it (it
> was a problem in the emulator code) but a post-3.0 change to the
> native implementation broke it <grrr>.  I haven't had time to
> investigate.  Have a look at what has changed between 3.0 and now
> for the native implementation.
The changes may be very simple - the unification handling LINUX_SIOCSPGRP
as LINUX_FIOSETOWN, how the Linux does. But it broke the POSIX semantic
for the linux app's. And I have initial question, what is a same handling
FIOSETOWN and SIOSPGRP in linux kernel, the bug, the feature or some also?

With best regards, V.Silyaev.