Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:35:20 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        maho@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice 1.1RC4 working (on my laptop)

--6Nae48J/T25AfBN4

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 05:58:59AM +0200, Martin Blapp wrote:
> I just got OO1.1 working on my laptop at BSDCON
> during the OpenBSD BOF ;)

Great work! I was able to install your OO 1.1RC4.tbz -CURRENT package on
my -CURRENT from 15/09, and it worked nearly out of the box -- I just had to

$ touch ${OOHOME}/user/config/soffice.cfg

because otherwise every OO app would complain that they weren't able
to open that file, and immediately close again.

One other minor nit is that the wrappers don't allow you to specify files
on the commandline (openoffice-1.1-swriter test.sxw complains about not
being able to read /usr/local/OpenOffice-1.1/test.sxw -- probably a simple
path problem).

Now the only thing is cuckoo [1] making progress so OO can really be integr=
ated
into the KDE desktop :)

Again, thank you to the OO ports team for spending so much time and effort
on OO on FreeBSD!

--Stijn

[1] http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/cuckooo/

--=20
"Diane, 2:15 in the afternoon, November 14. Entering town of Twin Peaks.
 Five miles south of the Canadian border, twelve miles west of the state
 line. Never seen so many trees in my life. As W.C. Fields would say, I'd
 rather be here than Philadelphia."
		-- Special Agent Dale Cooper, "Twin Peaks"

--6Nae48J/T25AfBN4

--6Nae48J/T25AfBN4--