Date:      Sat, 02 May 1998 21:18:49 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        FreeBSD advocacy list <FreeBSD-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: InfoWorld Electric: Linux Zealots Trashing FreeBSD, Berkeley License

I'm not mentioning FreeBSD explicitly in my messages, but I *am* advocating
the Berkeley-style license. The angry zealots who respond to me, however,
are trashing FreeBSD and the *BSDs in general.

I agree that one can rarely "win" these arguments, but one can raise the
awareness
level of the lurkers (of which there are many) that there's an alternative
point of view. That's where the benefit comes in.

--Brett

P.S. -- I'm cross-posting this one reply to both lists, but further discussion
probably shouldn't be.