Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:35:20 -0500
From:      Bruce Campbell <bruce@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Supermicro 6013L8/6013P8 w Adaptec 2015S and FreeBSD 4.9...

I tested out FreeBSD 4.9 on a Supermicro 6013L8 which
uses a Serverworks chipset, Adaptec AIC-7902 with
2015S zero channel RAID.  All went well during a week
of burn in tests.

Then I bought three 6013P8 systems which use the Intel E7501
chipset, plus same Adaptec stuff.

FreeBSD 4.9 doesn't find the disks (asr device).
5.1 works (I have not downloaded 5.2.1 yet but assume
it will work)

I hadn't planned to move to FreeBSD 5 already,
but will if it is the only way I can get these
systems to work.  Any suggestions ?

--
Bruce Campbell
Engineering Computing