Date:      Sat, 04 Jun 2011 21:56:33 +0200
From:      Bartosz Stec <bartosz.stec@it4pro.pl>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Cc:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [ZFSv28] Loader hangs, import failes, zfs filesystem unavailable.

W dniu 2011-06-04 18:55, Bartosz Stec pisze:
> W dniu 2011-06-04 14:21, Bartosz Stec pisze:

>>> Is there anything that may keep any of those vdevs open?
>>> Try setting vfs.zfs.debug to 1 before import.
>>>

> It seems that LiveFS is now included in bootonly ISO, so I made
> another attempt using FreeBSD-9.0-CURRENT-201105-i386-bootonly.iso
> image. I tried importing with debugging enabled, but dmesg output was
> the same as in my previous message.
>
> I had so much faith in raidz + snapshots, that I have absolutely no
> backups of this system :( I don't care about time which is needed to
> find a problem and possible fix, but I am really worried about my data
> now. What else could I do?
> And yes, I know that I shouldn't treat CURRENT as a stable and
> reliable system, and you never have too much backups. I just didn't
> realized how important data on this machine is until I realized that
> maybe I just lost it... Crap.

Simplest solutions are always hardest to find:

mfsbsd# zpool import -F zroot
cannot import 'zroot': pool may be in use from other system, it was last
accessed by serwer.obsysa.net (hostid: 0x4ae40037) on Thu Jun  2
14:40:59 2011
use '-f' to import anyway
mfsbsd# zpool import -Ff zroot
Pool zroot returned to its state as of Thu Jun  2 14:40:57 2011.
Discarded approximately 2 seconds of transactions.
mfsbsd# zpool list
NAME    SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
zroot   108G  41.6G  66.4G    38%  1.29x  ONLINE  -

Although filesystem is alive again now, what we've seen here was
probably some serious bug, because PC was shut down cleanly before it
turned unusable.

Thanks Pawel, Vladislav, for your effort :)

--
Bartosz Stec