Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 18:19:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk (Karl Strickland)
Cc:        imp@village.org, jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, dbaker@concorde-mail.neosoft.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on 286?

Karl Strickland wrote:

> > : Nope, sorry!  Your only hope is Xenix or the local rifle club (I
> > : recommend the latter on the grounds that you'll have a lot more fun
> > : than you will with the former).
> >
> > There are certain second hand stores that will give you some money for
> > a 286 MB.  Not much, mind you, but some....
> >
> > Warner
>
> I havent been following this thread, but wasnt there a version of SVR2
> that used to run on 286's?  Microport i think...

Yep, that was it -- Microport System V/AT -- it was called.  I ran
it on a 286 system back in the late 80s...still have the original
diskettes and books.  I *strongly* advise against trying to run it
though.  Not only is it obsolete and (shudder) System VR2, it is
riddled with bugs.  It gave me lots of practice at fixing inodes
and directories :-(

--
Bob Willcox
bob@luke.pmr.com (or obiwan%bob@uunet.uu.net)