Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 07:29:05 -0800
From:      "John Purser" <johnmpurser@home.com>
To:        "'Walter Brameld'" <brameld@twave.net>, "'Ben Smithurst'" <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>, "'R Joseph Wright'" <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        "'Christian Weisgerber'" <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: cvsup error: Release not specified for collection - CVSup file included

Lets try this again.

My cvsupfile is copied from the examples directory.  The non-comment lines
are:
host=cvsup1.freebsd.org
base=/usr
prefix=/home/ncvs
*default host=cvsup1.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/home/ncvs
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
*default tag=RELENG_3_4_0_RELEASE
src-all
cvs-crypto
ports-all
doc-all

And I invoke cvsup as root like this:
cvsup -g -L2 cvsupfile
in the directory (/root) with the cvsupfile.

I'm still getting the error message:
Release not specified for collection "host=cvsup1.freebsd.org"

I (think I)really want to track the 3.4 release branch.  I've commented out
the line "*default tag=RELENG_3_4_0_RELEASE" with no effect.  It is reading
my cvsupfile because I've tried cvsup2.freebsd.org as well and I get the
same message from a different server.

What am I tripping over/stepping on?

Thanks,

John Purser