Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 1995 16:40:17 +1100
From:      hart@tasman.cc.utas.edu.au (Bill Hart)
To:        freebsd-questions@wcarchive.cdrom.com
Subject:   Any one done a port of Harvest ?

I've just spent most of the day doing a port (hack really) of some
software called harvest.  It's an information tool with some of
the attributes of WWW worm and WAIS, but supposedly much
more efficient.  My port doesn't run :-(   some incompatibility with
lseek function (second port I've tried to do where I've had problems
with lseek - is there some bug under 2.0R ?)...  but the blurb
does mention that although they only support SunOS and Solaris
and OSF/1 that somebody else is working on a port to FreeBSD
and Linux  - anybody out there know anything about it - it looks
a pretty nifty buch of soft technology ...

The URL for info is at http://harvest.cs.colorado.edu/

Thanks in advance...

Bill Hart
Lecturer "Computers in Art"