Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 1995 16:14:19 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        hm@ernie.altona.ppp.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: isdn driver info?

> >From the code i see that it supports only Niccy 3008 and Niccy 3009 PC/AT
> type boards and the Niccy 5000 SCSI/ISDN box from a manufacturer named
> Dr. Neuhaus located here in Hamburg - nothing else !!!

Hmmmm.  I must confess myself to being somewhat unfamiliar with all the
ins and outs of the ISDN world right now..

> There is no established standard available until now which specifies how
> to talk to pc type ISDN boards on the hardware level so the driver is
> in its current version pretty much bound to a given hardware.

I'm not surprised, though perhaps we can work on generalizing this as
a second pass?

If someone comes up with a non-GPL'd ISDN driver that works better
than this one, hey!  I'll nuke it back out of the tree in a second!
:-) Nothing really relies on it, so it would be very easy to remove it
again.

					Jordan