Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:09:41 -0700
From:      "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        "Andrew Snow" <andrew@modulus.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, jonathan@kc8onw.net
Subject:   Re: em1: Unable to allocate bus resource: memory

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Andrew Snow <andrew@modulus.org> wrote:

>  > I bought a new PCIe NIC a few months ago and was working with Jack Vogel
>  > on getting it to work but he was busy, then I got busy and things
> stalled.
>  > Does anyone else have any idea what might be wrong here?  The card is
>  > recognized but the em driver fails to initialize it for some reason.  I'm
>  > running 7-STABLE and the standard information is below.
>

>  I experience the same problem with an Intel PCIe gigabit NIC.  I don't know
> of any workaround, my cards are sitting on the shelf until someone works it
> out...

You won't know if its still a problem if you don't take them off the
shelf and try it :)

I can't fix problems that I cannot reproduce... well, unless I get REAL
lucky and fix something along the way, but that means that if you
don't help me it likely won't get fixed :)

Sometimes its frustrating, you can try hard... I can try hard, and we still
can't solve something,  but its the only way to proceed.

I am hoping to MFC the em/igb drivers in HEAD soon, it would be helpful
to me, and to everyone, if as many get out and test that driver as possible.

Cheers,

Jack