Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2013 23:44:23 -0000
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Dmitry Morozovsky" <marck@rinet.ru>, <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: LSI 9260: is there a way to configure it JBOD like mps?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dmitry Morozovsky" <marck@rinet.ru>

> I'm currently in process of making new backup server, based on LSI 9260
> controller.  I'm planning to use ZFS over disks, hence the most natural way
> seems to configure mfi to JBOD mode - but I can't find easy way to reach this,
> neither in BIOS utilities nor via MegaCli
>
> Any hints?

I don't remember the model number, but you may find there's an
IT mode FW which will make it report under mps and not mfi.

If that's one of the versions which has no IT mode FW then you
can try configuring JBOD under mfi with something like:-

MegaCli -AdpSetProp -EnableJBOD -1 -aALL

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.