Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:11:48 +0100
From:      Daniel Nebdal <dnebdal@gmail.com>
To:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: port building in CURRENT (including r247839) BROKEN

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Hartmann, O.
<ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> On all FreeBSD boxes with
>  FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #1 r247839: Tue Mar  5 12:28:12 CET 2013/amd64 the
> build of ports - or updating/upgrading ports is BROKEN!
>
> Every port which is about to be updated fails with
>
> [...]
> *** [do-extract] Signal 13
>
> This is common on ALL CURRENT systems so I consider this a BREAKAGE.
>
> The problem is painful due to the fact that several kernel modules need,
> accordung to the entry 20130304: in /usr/src/UPDATING an update.
>
> devel/dbus isn't starting anymore on ALL systems, I couldn't figure out
> why. So X11 doesn't start either. And I can not rebuild those ports to
> accomplish what's suggested/required in UPDATING.
>
> Regards,
> Oliver

There's a few posts in -current about the same thing, and it does not
appear to be limited to ports.

Just going by the complaints, I would guess that something recently
committed subtly broke pipes (in certain circumstances). Signal 13 is
defined as "write to a pipe with no reader", so feel free to speculate
or debug.

--
Daniel Nebdal