Date:      Wed, 21 May 2008 15:03:00 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Alexey Shuvaev" <shuvaev@physik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome reference framework bsd.gnome-reference.mk VS [NO]PORTDOCS

On Wed, 21 May 2008 11:56:59 -0500, Alexey Shuvaev
<shuvaev@physik.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> I am working on update to x11-toolkits/gtkdatabox2 and it has recently
> got
> an html reference (built using gtk-doc). The gtkdatabox2 is a rather
> rarely used port and its reference consists of app. 25 files (for now).
> What is better,
> 	- to create separate gtkdatabox-reference port, or
> 	- to intstall documentation from the existing port, under the
> 	  control of NOPORTDOCS variable?

It's up to you. If it was my port, I would have chosen #2 option since
it's very small and I dislike reference framework. If it's big then I
possible would choice #1.

> The second question is about bsd.gnome-reference.mk framework discussed
> recently[1]. Althoug gtkdatabox is not an official part of gnome,
> it uses the same structure and therefore could be handled in the same way
> as other "official" gnome components. Are there any reasons to use one
> of:
> 	- devel/glib20-reference/bsd.gnome-reference.mk framework
> 	- handling docs on one's own?

It doesn't has to be only for GNOME. We have glib*-reference,
cairo-reference and others that aren't part of GNOME.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org