Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2000 16:31:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: remote ip

From the keyboard of Gerhard Sittig:

> confused it with what I have here -- since I could never imagine
> why I should do PPP in kernel space.

PPP in kernel is small and limited in its capabilities (and the packets
stay in the kernel) and userland PPP is great and does all and everything.

I use both and both have their good sides and their drawbacks.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77