Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:38:04 +0100
From:      Akoola <Akoola@brutele.Be>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fxp0 not working after update freebsd 4.10 -> 4.11 STABLE]

Hello,

I have done an update of my freebsd 4.10 to 4.11.

after the update finished compiling kernel and mergemaster.

I have my nic fxp0 always show the link status to 'no carrier'

I trie to force media and media opt on ifconfig to value has mentioned
on man fxp.

I have trie to recompile all the src and it's not working.

when I trie to force media with ifconfig
the first time i ifconfig fxp0 media 10baseT/UTP, the status changer to
active.

but when i trie to ping my gateway; nothing done.

The driver has correctly loaded in dmesg I don't see any mistake.

all of my service working on localhost and inet adresse of fxp0.

but impossible to contact any server name or ip adresse with ping.

I have ask to freenode irc channel after ask question@
but nobody can help me.
I have ask to unplug and plug in the cable.
no result.

Thanks you.

Ha. Hakim
akoola@brutele.be