Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 19:55:52 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, FreeBSD-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Are we a Political Action Committee ?

My view was personal and it did not involved the group . I did CC the group
with the hope of inviting the State Attorney to respond not just to me
but to  the group and to start a discussion. My email was signed by me
and it did not represent the group's view that should have been
obvious however I accept the gross interpretation and apologies for
that.

To those who really detested what I did, advocacy  is an art irrespective
of how it is implemented there will always be some that hate / love
an approach so if you are easily excitable  or offended then perhaps
this mailing list is not for you.

In fairness , we are attempting to define ourselves so mistakes will
be made along the way and I hope that we can correct them.

Now the hard part , it is not clear how we can shape up this group
to do any kind of advocacy . This is mostly due to our culture
kind of anarchism due to mostly non-involvement .

Given that perhaps the advocacy mailing list should be a forum to
discuss ideas on how to conduct or carry out advocacy where it
really counts, out of this mailing list in an open forum

	Regards,
	Amancio