Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 13:06:11 +0000
From:      "Þorður Ivarsson" <totii@est.is>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Silly question

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <19971215131739.34935@lemis.com> Greg Lehey writes:
> : I've never had problems finding a power point in a departure lounge.
> : My problem is to have the correct kind of plug :-) Which airports are
> : you concerned about?
>
> Well, I don't worry about the plugs in the US.  However, I searched
> for 20 minutes looking for a working power plug at Heathrow a little
> while ago...  Found several, even had the right adapter (at least I
> think so, it worked at the hotel and a friend's house), but it appears
> that none of the outlets at the airport had actual power to them...

I must have been hydro power in the outlets :)

If you connect the batteries to the battery connectors of the laptop you
will get longet lifetime of the D-cells because of the psu/charger in
the laptop. Measure the laptop battery and use similar voltage from the
D-cells (disels :) )

--
Þórður Ívarsson		Thordur Ivarsson
Rafeindavirki		Electronic technician

FreeBSD has good features,
Some others are full of unwanted features!