Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2010 07:07:33 -0400
From:      Boris Kochergin <spawk@acm.poly.edu>
Subject:   Re: gmirror(8) rebuild speed

Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if is possible to configure the gmirror rebuild speed.
> Neither I've found any related info in the net nor the man pages.

This doesn't do exactly what you want, but might address your problem,
anyway: try "renice +20 [gmirror PID]", where "[gmirror PID]" is the PID
of the system process handling your mirror (ps auxw | grep g_mirror). I
know that back when ZFS code ran in separate processes back in RELENG_7,
renicing the zpa_zio* and spa_scrub_thread processes made the system a
lot more responsive during a scrub.

-Boris