Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:27:01 -0500
From:      Nick <nmanisca@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   need help with dagrab, cdd

I am running 4.1 and I am trying to use cdd or dagrab to extract
wav files from audio cd's with CDDB naming.  It appears that cdd
from the ports collection does not run on 4.1 and dagrab (also
from ports) reports the following:

bash-2.04# dagrab -d /dev/cd1a -a
dagrab: error retrieving cddb data
Dumping all tracks
Dumping track 1: lba      0 to lba  33623 (needs 75 MB)
Output file is: track01.wav

dagrab: read raw ioctl failed at lba 0 length 12: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Any ideas how I can get dagrab or cdd to work on my system?

Thanks,

Nick Maniscalco