Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 17:27:09 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail complains about being unable to write his pid file

Sendmail couldn't write his /var/run/sendmail.pid file.
I saw this behaviour in FreeBSD 2.2.2 and -current.

I think the newest sendmail version introduces this.
It's important, that every directory is owned by root.

FreeBSD's /var/run directory permissions are
drwxr-xr-x   2 bin    bin        512 Jul 18 17:20 run

After changing the permissions to:
drwxr-xr-x   2 root    bin        512 Jul 18 17:20 run

everything is fine. So we should fix the installation and
possibly the mtree files as well.

Any takers ? Any other voices ???

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm | klemm.gtn.com - powered by
                    Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD