Date:      Thu, 09 May 2002 08:13:38 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The future of perl on FreeBSD

> --=-=-=
>
> Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org> writes:
> > We have several choices.. From installing a symlink pointing to wherever
> > the default perl package is, through to a simple redirector that searches
> > $PATH and/or looks in a few well-known locations.
>
> As previously posted...

I like this util, but I think it shouldn't be perl-specific. How about
if it used argv[0] to find out what it is called, and used that to launch
the real interpreter (whichever interpreter - perl, suidperl, ruby etc).

There's need to be a bit of security checking too (buffers, appropriate
paths and so on). Maybe a config file for things like ${PREFIX}?

o       Mark Murray
\_
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn